Friday, August 23, 2013

Spinach, Mozzarella and Feta Croissants

You guys. These are good. Like, guuuuuuuuuuuuuuhd. Imagine a totally derpy face as you say that, and you pretty much have how I look when I think about making these.

Disclaimer, I didn't take pictures as I made these. So you're going to have to use your imagination. Or, you can look at this, which is what comes up when you search for an image for these.

You're welcome. Moving on.
These bad boys are delicious. You need to make them. Here's how.

This is what you need...
2 tubes of crescent rolls (8 in a tube)
One carton of crumbled feta cheese
1/2 bag of mozzarella cheese
2 handfuls of baby spinach (chopped)
1/4 or 1/2 tsp of CRP ... or crushed red pepper.
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 egg white, beaten

Here's what you do...
Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
If you haven't already... chop your spinach, and put it in a mixing bowl. Add all of your cheese, CRP and salt.
Toss it all together.
Unwrap all of your croissants and begin filling them, using a small spoon. Note ... I've found that using a tuck and roll method keeps things nice and tidy and you'll have less exploding croissants in the oven.
Once you get all of the croissants stuffed, brush the egg whites lightly on the croissants.
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
ENJOY!

I hope you like them as much as we do!!

Love!!

3 comments:

  1. I can attest - these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Dan would love these and I'd probably make a batch just for an entire meal. You know me and bread...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Momma! And Liz, you would LOVE these. Come to Oklahoma to visit me and I'll make them for you :)

    ReplyDelete