Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wedding Update

So ... I've been a slacker bride. Like, super slacker. I mean, sure ... we got a lot of things going early on, like picking a date, picking a place, picking a dress, picking a lot of things ... but I know we have a lot of stuff that is still left to do. 

I tend to do better when other people know my to-do list. It kind of guilts me in actually getting things done. So, here you go dedicated reader! In no particular order...

1. Dress fittings. Which is mildly terrifying. I feel like once this starts, I must maintain. Not gain. Not lose. Not shift. Maintain. In order to do this, I made the commitment to switch to Baked Cheetos instead of real Cheetos. So far, I'm not too disappointed.
2. Think of wedding songs. Like, all of them. We have our first dance song picked out - but that's about it.
3. Pick a cake-ist. Duh.
4. Contact a florist. 
5. CRAFT NIGHT. This one, I'm totally looking forward to. Mom and I have had a blast finding ideas on Pinterest (what did brides do before this?!) and now we are ready to bring them to life.
6. Pick out something for the guys to wear. No one likes a group of naked men standing at the altar. Or if they do, they are going to be sorely disappointed.
7. Finalize wedding invitations. We made progress ... and stalled out.
8. FOOD. Because... FOOD.
9. Figure out how to have my hair done ... I have a feeling that "lion-chic" doesn't translate well to wedding photos.


I know there are tons of other things we still need to finalize. But these are the only things that came to mind as I'm typing this out. I think these nine things should keep me busy for awhile. Pray for me.

Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment